Do you live in the Baltimore area and want to intern for CurlyRed?
CurlyRed Inc. is a local graphic design company that is looking an intern for the Fall 2008 semester.
This internship is open to college students working on their degree in graphic design. It is an unpaid position, consisting of 8-10 hours per week for the fall semester. The days/hours for this internship are very flexible, CurlyRed will work around class and work schedules. The internship will start the 2nd or 3rd week of September, so all candidates will be interviewed no later than Sept 3rd.
• Assisting me (the owner of CurlyRed) with the production (and possible design) of CurlyRed materials, including but not limited to logos, identities, publications, brochures, advertisements, posters, promotional materials, websites etc.
• Scanning images, color correcting or modifying images, and updating design files.
• Providing administrative office support, including file and database management, answering the phone, and other office-related tasks.
• Possibly accompanying me to occasional client meetings and/or networking events.
Candidates should have:
• Proficiency with the following programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and Word.
• Some samples or a portfolio of design work.
• Reliable transportation—CurlyRed is located in the Reisterstown, MD area.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Desire to learn about the business side as well as the creative side or owning a graphic design business.
All interested candidates: please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume before August 29th.