Meet (and say thanks to) our intern: Garrett Ludwig
Published: June 19, 2019
CurlyRed intern Garrett Ludwig
Over the past three weeks, Garrett Ludwig (yes, he is related—Mark and Kendall's nephew!) has been assisting CurlyRed with video editing and production. While video is not something CurlyRed has historically focused on, more and more of our clients see the value of video, especially used on websites and social media.
Garrett has done some great video work for us and for a few of our clients, and we hope to keep using his skills remotely once he heads back to college! In the meantime, we were able to ask him a few questions about his work:
- Where are you attending college? What are you going to school for? What’s your dream career?
I’m attending college at Radford University in Radford, Virginia. I'm majoring in Media Studies and minoring in Cinematic Arts. I'd love to be a Hollywood director or big blockbuster editor.
- What do you love about video?
The way it can make you feel.
- Why is the digital space such a good fit for your personality?
I’m very meticulous so I take into account how a person is going to view the video, and I make sure all the fine details are there.
- Why did you want to intern for CurlyRed?
It’s a very creative company and I wanted to start working in the creative field.
- What’s the most important thing you’ve learned during this internship?
How important emails are while doing business, and how they’re used to make sure you’re producing the right content.
- How will this internship change the way you approach your remaining education?
I might take a few business classes to understand more business lingo.
- What is it about your current internship that you enjoy most?
The open office [at CurlyRed's Alder St. location] space really allows for a back and forth creative environment.
- What is your current approach to video editing?
I think about how the client wants the viewer to feel, and then create a storyboard plus any needed editing off of that.
- Why do you think someone should choose CurlyRed for their creative needs?
With every client, they make sure to create a design that captures exactly what they want.
Thanks Garrett! It's been wonderful having you as an intern.
CurlyRed will be looking for both print and web design students currently enrolled in local colleges to intern for us this fall! If you're interested, please email email@example.com with your resume and samples of your work.
Back to Blog